Taking screenshots is important because it can capture an image or part of a web page on the laptop screen instantly. Apart from that, screenshots also allow users to express some things that are difficult to explain without visual aids.
Although not the latest version, Windows 7-based laptop users can still take screenshots in four different ways.
Here's how to screenshot for windows 7
Use ScreenShot.net - There are several helper applications for taking screenshots, one of which is offered on the ScreenShot.net website.
This tool is easy to use and of course free.
It allows users to have high quality screenshots of anything on the computer screen. For how to screenshot with this website, you can follow the steps below.
- 1. Open the ScreenShot.net website in Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and other web browsers.
- 2. Click the Take Screenshot button and select Download Launcher to download the app launcher.
- 3. Once the Launcher is downloaded, you can now start taking screenshots by clicking on the camera icon on the tool interface.
- 4. Drag the part of the screen you want to capture and release the mouse to take a screenshot.
- 5. A screenshot will appear along with the editing options. Edit the screenshot if necessary.
- 6. Upload screenshots in the free Cloud space provided by the website.
In addition, ScreenShot.net also provides a desktop version of a standalone application that provides more functions, including various screenshot modes, automatic screenshots, recording what's on the screen, and so on. Users can download it by clicking on the Download Desktop Version button on the main ScreenShot.net page.
Use the Snipping Tool - Windows 7 has a built-in snipping tool that allows users to take screenshots of the entire screen or part of the screen.
The default shape used to take screenshots is square, but if the user wants to use another shape, just select the " Free-Form Snip" function.
To create screenshots in Windows 7 using this tool, users can simply follow the steps below.
- Open the Snipping Tool by clicking "Accessories".
- Select the shape of the snip or screenshot you want to use.
- Click the New button to create a new crop and drag the crop area or select a window to take a screenshot after the screen fades.
- A new window will open once the snip is created, allowing the user to add highlights and text to the image.
- Save the captured image by clicking on the disk icon or by simply pressing the "Ctrl+S" hotkey.
Default Key Combination
To capture the entire computer screen, you can use the PrtScr (Print Screen) key on the keyboard by pressing the "Alt + PrtSc" key combination to take a picture of the current page.
However, you will need an additional program to save it as an image file, such as Paint, PhotoShop, or Microsoft Word.
You need to use another program to save it as an image file like, paint, photoshop, or microsoft word. Open Paint, and press "Ctrl + V" to paste the screenshot on a blank page. Then click the save button or click the diskette icon in the upper left corner to save the screenshot on your laptop.
That's a simple way to take screenshots in Windows 7. Actually you don't have to pay anything because this screen capture tool is free and very easy to use.